Sunday, November 4, 2012

On writing,

I'm getting ready to begin work on my next series. These three books will require some plotting. Which scares the bejesus out of me. I'm one of these writers who might see the opening of a story in a dream. I write down what the scene was and begin from there. So the idea of plotting out exactly what will happen before I get there is a daunting task. How do you plot what you don't know?

The late, great Judi McCoy always came to our RWA chapter and led a meeting in which we used posty notes to plot. It was a great session. I'll miss that help in January. Judi will be missed. But her ideas play on. So once I figure out the trope ( thank you Keri-Leigh Grady for that workshop ) I can write down ideas and place them in one of three acts then remember to give it a twist.

I'm actually looking forward to this series in hopes that I'm finally going to get this down to a better art.  So here's to the hard work during the winter months that will produce something awesome for Spring submissions.

Nan
Fall in love, country style

No comments:

Little fun about Soap

  I know we are trying to work our way out of a pandemic, and about to go stir crazy, but let's have a laugh at what we've had to ...